20 to 23 October 2020 will again see central questions concerning the diverse challenges for the sector being answered in Düsseldorf.
glasstec has boasted a high percentage of international exhibitors and a large share of top-notch decision makers for years now. It is the platform for premiering innovations at all stages of the value chain – from manufacturing through processing and finishing to final applications. An instinctive feeling for trends and tomorrow’s themes is also reflected in the extensive accompanying programme. With all this glasstec confirms its leading position as a leading global trade fair revolving around the material that is glass.
20 to 23 October 2020 will again see central questions concerning the diverse challenges for the sector being answered in Düsseldorf. “How does the glass industry contribute to mastering the acute and global challenges? The exhibitors along with numerous top-level lectures at the glasstec-conference and the innovation showcase glass technology live (gtl) will present approaches for solutions at glasstec 2020,” rejoices Birgit Horn, Director of glasstec.
In terms of content, glasstec 2020 will be all about the global challenges of climate change (Climate), resource scarcity (Resources), progressive urbanisation (Urbanisation), the demand for further value added (Value) as well as about the contribution that glass can make as a material to increase man’s well-being (Happiness).
In terms of products and applications, the flat glass segment will particularly focus on interactive glass and energy-efficient façades. In the container glass segment this material is quickly gaining importance as a packaging material in the food and pharmaceutical industry due to the current trend towards sustainability and glass’s inert properties. On the manufacturing side of things energy efficiency and reduced emissions play a decisive role.
The Hub: glass technology live
The innovation showcase glass technology live is the central point of contact for all glasstec visitors, organised and presented by the Technical Universities of Darmstadt, Dresden, Delft and Dortmund.
The presentation of latest research findings in conjunction with impressive exhibits on site will again give visitors an outlook on future glass applications.
Think Tank: glasstec conference
gtl will be complemented by the glasstec conference. This umbrella brand pools all subjects from theory and practice and offers cross-cutting conferences that also pick up on the glasstec 2020 trend themes. From January 2020 exhibitors will be able to apply for presentation slots at the sessions on glass manufacturing, processing and finishing technologies as well as on products and applications. A jury comprising the conceptual partners of glasstec, selects the best talks among the applicants.
Also forming an integral part of the side events are:
- The technology conference function meets glass (Monday, 19/10/2020), that deals with the challenges and solutions related to producing and finishing functional glass and the application fields for functional glass.
- The international Architecture Congress (Wednesday, 21/10/2020), held in cooperation with DETAIL – the magazine for architecture + building details for the first time.
- the science conference engineered transparency (Thursday and Friday, 22 – 23/10/2020), where current developments and scientific research findings in structural glass engineering and façade technology will be discussed
- The START-UP ZONE, held again after its successful debut in 2018. This format will also give innovative start-ups the opportunity to introduce their ideas and products to the expert audience, make contacts, build networks and meet a large number of decision-makers at glasstec 2020. For information on participation go to: www.glasstec.de/de/Aussteller/Aussteller_werden/Start-Up-Zone
- The WorldSkills Germany – glasstec Edition will take place for the first time during glasstec. Cooperation partners are the Federal Guild Association of the Glazier Trade and the Association of Young Glass Manufacturers and Window Manufacturers. The new event is part of the glasstec supporting programme and enables young glaziers to prepare for the WorldSkills 2021. In the special area the aspirants can train the processing of glass under real competitive conditions. For this purpose, the long-standing partners from the industry and the participating associations will provide workplaces, tools and machines for processing glass.
- The exhibition glass art, displaying art objects made of glass completes the line-up of special shows at glasstec 2020. The spectrum of featured objects by artists from renowned international galleries ranges from glass containers and sculptural objects to stained glass.
Allocation of Stand Space Starts
On 2 December 2019 the allocation of stand space in the exhibition halls will start. Registration will, of course, also continue to be possible via the direct link http://www.glasstec.de/1330. Companies that already took part in 2018 can use the pre-completed and editable forms.
New glasstec President
Taking over as President of the 26th glasstec will be Dr. Frank Heinricht, President of BV Glas and Chairman of the Board at SCHOTT AG. He succeeds Federal Guild Master Martin Gutmann of BIV.
In tune with the 2-year cycle of glasstec the Presidency alternates between the Federal Association of Glazier Trades (BIV) and the Federal Association of the Glass Industry (BV Glas e.V.). Both organisations are conceptual sponsors of glasstec beside the German Engineering Federation (VDMA e.V.).
Other events in the glasstec portfolio:
tasc 2019: www.tasc-expo.de
Thementage Glas 2019: www.thementageglas.de